Viki · A Nice Reader for Wikipedia
About Viki · A Nice Reader for Wikipedia
Wikipedia, better than ever—on iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. Discover the world and enjoy beautiful typography with this sleek app.
# Why you’ll enjoy Viki:
NEARBY PLACES: Discover interesting Wikipedia articles about the area around your location. Or explore any other spot in the world. It’s fun with Viki’s unique map visualization.
SEARCH RESULTS: Viki is powered by Wikipedia’s full-text search. Matches are displayed as rich article previews, tweaked for both legibility and high information density.
READING INTERFACE: We’re passionate about great typography! So it’s only natural that Viki’s layout is designed to make reading Wikipedia articles pleasant and efficient.
BOOKMARKS & HISTORY: Add bookmarks to the list of your favorite articles—with one tap. Viki also keeps track of your searches and articles and puts them in the History list automatically.
# Wikipedia On Your Apple Watch
NEARBY PLACES: Quickly find articles about points of interest around you
VOICE SEARCH: Easily find anything on Wikipedia using your voice
HANDOFF: Swipe up on the lock screen to continue reading on your iPhone
BOOKMARKING: To read later, just force-touch and transmit a bookmark to your iPhone
# More Features
SMART LAYOUT: Viki uses a combination of advanced layout optimizations to analyze and reformat every article for ideal readability and great looks.
NATIVE iOS EXPERIENCE: For some Wikipedia Apps, iOS is just another platform but for Viki, it’s the beloved one and only platform! You’ll feel right at home.
BEAUTIFUL TYPE: Carefully crafted typography and high-quality typefaces in twelve different styles create a world-class Wikipedia reading experience.
MULTILINGUAL: Switch effortlessly between languages—if you read more than one. Or check out an article’s title in all available languages. We promise, it’s fun!
# Even More Features
– Efficient images load right before you view them, saving time and bandwidth
– Large tables are shrunk proportionally to fit on screen
– Table of contents panel for quick navigation
– Wikipedia editing in Safari — just tap the share icon
– Slide Over and Split View support on iPad
– 3D Touch action menu on the app icon
– Open articles in Viki from Safari’s share menu
– Search in Viki from any other app via the text-selection context menu
– Dynamic Type respects your device’s font size settings
– VLC integration to play Wikipedia’s esoteric media file formats
– Natural image zoom with swipe-to-dismiss
– Syntax highlighting for source code examples in articles
– Sophisticated sharing that you’ll actually want to use
Whether you’re exploring the city with an Apple Watch or being productive on an iPad Pro—Viki looks and feels great. At any size.
You knew you loved Wikipedia.
You didn’t know it could feel this good on iOS.