Peel Smart Remote: TV guide & universal remote with Pronto hardware
About Peel Smart Remote: TV guide & universal remote with Pronto hardware
Peel Smart Remote turns your iPhone into a smart universal remote to control your home electronics and provide personalized TV guide listings. Control via Wi-Fi is available for many devices, including many internet connected set-top boxes from Dish or DirecTV, along with Roku and Sonos media players, and some models of connected smart TVs from Samsung, LG and Sony.
**** PRONTO DEVICE NEEDED FOR SOME REMOTE CONTROL FEATURES ****
If your devices are not supported via WiFi control--including set-top boxes from Xfinity, Comcast, Time Warner and ATT Uverse--you can easily universal remote control 400,000+ devices, including all major brands of TVs, set-top boxes, DVD and Blu-Ray players, audio systems, media players like Apple TV and more by purchasing a Pronto device for $49.99 from major online retailers such as Amazon.
You can also download and use the Peel Smart Remote app without Pronto or WiFi control if you want to use your iPhone as a TV guide to discover great shows and movies, save your favorite shows so you never miss an episode or simply set reminders to watch that episode later. TV listings are personally customized to your viewing habits.
What you get with Peel Smart Remote:
• Personalized TV listings and program guide
• Ability to set reminders for shows or movies to watch later
• Save your favorite shows so you never miss an episode
• Control your internet-connected Dish (select Hopper models) or Direct TV set-top box
• Control your Roku or internet-connected smart TV from LG, Sony, Vizio or Samsung (pre-2013)
• Easily find and watch streaming videos from Netflix and YouTube
• Control your TV, DVD, set top box, Apple TV and more right from your iPhone (with Pronto)
• Peel Smart Remote offers Apple Watch app for iPhone
• Control your favorite home device directly from the new iPhone 6s’ home screen using 3D Touch and Quick Actions
This universal remote replaces Samsung remote, LG remote, Sony remote, Vizio remote, Dish remote, DirectTV remote, Xfinity remote, Apple TV remote. One remote to rule them all.
Pronto costs just $49.99 and is available on Amazon (amzn.com/B00Y2SIYP4), bestbuy.com and newegg.com in the U.S., and also available at staples.ca in Canada. Once you get your Pronto, set-up is easy. The device connects to your iPhone via Bluetooth Smart and then controls your TV and other electronic devices with a powerful 360-degree infrared IR blaster. For more information, visit getpronto.com.
We are constantly working to improve our app so you have the best experience possible. If you're having trouble getting the remote to work properly on a particular device or experiencing problems with TV listings or TV guide, please email [email protected] directly rather than post the problem in a review. This will allow us to help you quickly and effectively, and solve the problem for others in our community.
Visit peel.com, or follow us on Twitter (@peeltv) and Facebook (facebook.com/peeltv) for app updates.
Supported brands include LG TV, Samsung TV, Vizio TV, Mitsubishi TV, Sony TV and hundreds of thousands more.