Visual XBMC - remote control for XBMC
Control your XBMC library remotely with Visual XBMC. You can start playing movies, TV shows and music right of your iPhone or iPad!
Supported versions of XBMC:
- 10 (Dharma)
- 11 (Eden)
- 12 (Frodo)
- Instantly see and play the most recent added videos.
- Tell XBMC to scan for new content.
- Use the ‘Remote’ to manually control XBMC.
- Browse through your movie-, TV show- or music library. Alternatively use the files view, to see what files you can play.
- For each movie, TV show or movie set, Visual XBMC displays a checkmark if you have already seen that particular video.
- Tweet what you're watching
In XBMC go to ‘System’ > ‘Network’. Check ‘Allow control of XBMC via HTTP’ and set a port, username and password.
If you have any questions or need support, you can contact us on Twitter or through our website:
We've received some questions from users who did get a successful connection, but saw no data in the various views. After inquiry it turned out they were using an older XBMC version. Updating to Dharma (10.x) resolved their issues. Some people had another application using the tcp-port they thought XBMC was using: be sure it's "free".
Also make sure you have enabled 'Library mode' (for video & audio) in XBMC!