Data Control - Manage Data Usage in Real Time
About Data Control - Manage Data Usage in Real Time
Data Control will manage your iPhone’s data usage for both your provider’s data traffic and WiFi data traffic. By monitoring the data usage, Data Control will allow you to select the appropriate data plan from your provider. Data Control monitors data usage from the device itself and is not reliant on setting up or logging into your provider’s web site.
Data Control can be used with any cell phone provider or just to monitor your WiFi data usage on devices without cellular connect ability such as iPod Touch and WiFi only iPad. Not many people really know how much data traffic they use every month. On unlimited plans it has traditionally been of little concern (unless you traveled outside your providers coverage area). With more providers switching to tiered data plans, controlling your data traffic can save you money. Data control provides predictive usage analysis to help you select the appropriate data plan for you.
AT&T Data Plans:
* Unlimited Plan - $30.00 / month
* AT&T DataPro* (2 GB) - $25.00 / month
* AT&T DataPlus *(200 MB) - $15.00 / month
The AT&T DataPlus plan is acceptable for most iPhone users but if you exceed your allowed data usage (200MB) you are automatically charged an extra $15 for each additional 200MB of data. Data Control warns you long before this happens giving you the option to change your data plan mid-cycle. Verizon, Rodgers, Orange and others offer similar data plans.
* Works with any cell phone provider including AT&T, Verizon, T-mobile, Rodgers, etc. and requires no login to your account with your provider.
* Predicts future data traffic and suggestions for the data plan your currently using.
* Provides real time data traffic information for both mobile Internet traffic and WiFi traffic including incoming and outgoing information.
Please Note: Data Control reads the RAW data leaving and coming from the Cellular and WiFi data ports. This is the MAXIMUM amount of data and includes all communications overhead. Actual user data (or carrier billed for data) should always be less than reported by Data Control, in most cases this overhead is no more than 10%.
AT&T, DataPro & DataPlus are all registered trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies.