About Torrent Detector
Are you a network administrator, security officer or CIO at your company? Do you want to search for unwanted TORRENT clients on your local network? The Torrent Detector is the best choice for you. It is an easy-to-use app for detect uTorrent clients. With over 100 million users uTorrent is the most widely used BitTorrent client.
WARNING: This is NOT a torrent client. You can NOT download, open, run, seed or leach torrent file with this app. Torrent Discover is designed to search for torrent clients only, especially uTorrent clients. The app doesn't connect to torrent trackers or other content aggregators.
WHAT IS BITTORRENT
BitTorrent is a protocol for the practice of peer-to-peer file sharing that is used to distribute large amounts of data over the Internet. BitTorrent is one of the most common protocols for transferring large files, and peer-to-peer networks have been estimated to collectively account for approximately 43% to 70% of all Internet traffic. The fact is that peer-to- peer protocols such as BitTorrent provide a very efficient way to distribute large files such as operating system ISOs. Unfortunately that also makes peer-to-peer protocols a very efficient way to download copyright content such as music and movies. Regardless of whether corporate policy prohibits downloading of copyrighted content, or prohibits all peer-to-peer usage, it is essential to be able to detect the various aspects of peer-to-peer usage.
TORRENT CLIENT DETECTION
• Detect running uTorrent (owned and developed by BitTorrent, Inc) applications.
• Detect uTorrent version.
• Detect uTorrent host operating system name and version. Supported uTorrent platforms:
• Microsoft Windows platform family (from Windows 95 to Windows 10).
• Apple OS X platform family (from Cheetah to El Capitan).
• Linux (Debian, Ubuntu).
• Show IP address, DNS hostname, PING capability, network informations.
• Show MAC address, MAC vendor, country, postal address.
• Show default gateways, IP addresses, networks.
• Show DNS servers, search domain names, local MAC addresses, host name resolve.
• Depth external address analysis: ISP name, autonomous system name, whois, ping, regional internet registry info.
• Full offline MAC vendor database.
REACH UI FEATURES
• Info menu with feedback and privacy settings (iOS 8+)
• Use the camera icon (upper-right corner) to create and print/send/share a screenshot from the entire page.
• Pull down with your finger to refresh the informations.
• Long press on a cell to copy/print/send/open as/share the cell value.
• Shake your device to refresh the informations.
• Detect device type and model.
• Detect processor type.
• Detect memory size.
• Detect storage size.
• Detect firmware name, version.
• Detect last reboot time.
• iPhone 2G, 3G, 3GS, 4, 4s, 5, 5c, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus.
• iPad 1, 2, 3, 4, Air, Air 2, Pro.
• iPad Mini 1, 2, 3, 4.
• iPod Touch 4G, 5G, 6G.
• iOS 6, 7, 8, 9.