Kodi Remote (Former XBMC RC)
About Kodi Remote (Former XBMC RC)
Kodi Remote is a WiFi remote control software for the media center system Kodi (Former XBMC).
It allows a multimedial control of the media center and does live queries to the XBMC database, so that movies, series or music can get played over the iPhone. Beside the IMDB rating, various lists also contain a cover view or a content preview, if no cover is available. Media which was not played yet, gets marked by the well-known blue dot.
Notice: This tool requires a valid XBMC (>=12.0) or Kodi (>= 13.0) installation in order to work properly. Kodi or XBMC is available at http://www.xbmc.org. Note that the webserver and the external control of XBMC has to be enabled inside the server settings of XBMC to control the media center. Please also note that XBMC 9.11 will unfortunately not work.
- Support for multiple Kodi/XBMC installations
- View and Play Movies of Kodi Database
- View and Play Series of Kodi Database
- View and Play Music of Kodi Database
- Remote Keyboard (For keyboard input inside Kodi)
- Controlling with swipe gestures (So it is not needed to look at the iPhone)
- Controlling with various buttons
- Shutting down Kodi or PC
- See what your are currently playing
- Changing position of the current movie/episode/song
- Change volume
- Eject CD/DVD Rom
- Unseen Series and Movies are marked with a blue dot
- Filter/search movies by title
- Filter/search music by title, genre and artist
- Fanart and cover support
Kodi/XBMC is a free and open source media player application developed by the XBMC Foundation, a non-profit technology consortium. Kodi/XBMC is available for multiple operating-systems and hardware platforms, featuring a 10-foot user interface for use with televisions and remote controls. It allows users to play and view most videos, music, podcasts, and other digital media files from local and network storage media and the internet.
Please note that this is just a remote control for Kodi/XBMC! You cannot play or stream video from this app.