VLC Streamer Lite
Sit anywhere in your house and watch movies or TV shows on your iPhone, iPod or iPad.
VLC Streamer streams movies from your computer to your iDevice. Winner *Best Entertainment App* Chip.de.
You can watch anything from your movie collection. No need for complex conversion processes. No need to manually transfer programs to your device.
-This is a free version of VLC Streamer which is supported by adverts -
“Can these guys do no wrong? Seriously, if only other app devs knew how to make apps as well as these guys, the world would be a better place. Or at least my device would be less buggy. I was just watching a Full HD copy of Avatar Extended Edition being streamed from my PC on my iPod Touch 2nd Generation and it looked and played amazingly.”
- UK Reviewer
“…it's as good as having the original VLC player on your iOS device…”
“…Setup is a snap and literally takes 2 seconds. You can browse through all your movies from your device and click any one to start playing. It even works if you have the movies stored on a USB drive connected to the host computer.”
-The Times of India
“Took me seconds to setup to stream from a secondary drive in my home office. Going straight out to get a cable for my TV.”
- USA Reviewer
“….This sucker can stream off the pc and plays virtually anything you throw at it. Download it now!”
- TaxiDriver at Blippy.com
There are a huge number of movie formats, and VLC can convert most of them - but it can't convert everything. If you have any doubts, then please try the free version of this application first.
• Features include •
- Free helper app gets you streaming quickly and allows you to browse local drives, and Windows network shares
- Stream over wifi directly from your computer
- Customisable gesture controls
- Support for multiple resolutions and streaming quality levels
- Live streaming of video after a few seconds of processing
(assumes a reasonably powered computer)
• System Requirements •
- VLC Streamer will not play DRM protected videos. Videos from the iTunes store do include DRM.
- VLC Streamer is designed to work on your local network, and the free helper app has to run on your Mac or PC.
- Supports Windows, Vista, Windows 7 and Window 8
- Supports Mac OS 10.7 and above.
• Response to feedback •
-If you do have any problems streaming movies, then please just check the help instructions in the app. Feel free to drop me an email (my personal mail is in the app) if you need help.